Chronic pain treatment in Naples, Fort Myers, Port Charlotte, also Wildwood, and Lady Lake at the Villages Florida.
The scope of Non-Surgical Spine and Joint Pain Relief within our practice is in the diagnosis and non-operative treatment of acute and chronic pain of musculoskeletal and neurologic origins.
Based on a report from The American Academy of Pain Medicine, pain affects more Americans than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined. Recent Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) data suggest substantial rates of pain typically come from various causes and multiple sites of pain.
For U.S. adults reporting pain, causes include: severe headache or migraine (16.1%), low back pain (28.1%), neck pain (15.1%), knee pain (19.5%), shoulder pain (9.0%), finger pain (7.6%), and hip pain (7.1%).
Alternatives to Debilitating Pain
People with chronic pain from conditions like osteoarthritis, tennis elbow, and herniated discs often suffer with higher rates of depression, anxiety, sleep disturbances, and neurotic behavior. Long term pain contributes to decreased physical activity often resulting in weight gain…which leads to other health issues. The treatment of chronic pain frequently requires the coordinated efforts of a team of pain medicine experts.
We, at Physicians Rehabilitation, have always taken a multi-modality approach to treating chronic pain by offering various types of injection therapies, physical therapy, bracing, and interventional pain management, but now we are also offering medical weight loss options to help you with your long-term health goals. We are focused on not only helping you to gain mobility, improve your strength, and to live a pain-free lifestyle, but also getting you to look and feel your best! Call us today to get more information on our weight loss program! Read More
Whether you have hip pain, shoulder pain, muscle spasms, or another type of discomfort, let our team of non-surgical spine and joint pain relief experts review your MRI and provide a second opinion to set your mind at ease. Why not explore non-surgical therapies before agreeing to an irreversible surgery?
No-Cost MRI Review
Our medical experts are trained and Board Certified in the following:
- Interventional Pain Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- ER Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Weight Loss Injections
Insurance covers most pain medicine costs
Insurance companies cover most interventional pain medicine treatments. Our clinic office team will screen your insurance so you know what options are available to you from the start.
Therapy Options for Musculoskeletal and Neurologic Pain
Treatment options include pain syndromes of both spinal and peripheral causes.
For Spinal Causes
- Radiculopathy (“Sciatica”)
- Facet Arthropathy – disease or abnormality of the facet joints in the back (Spinal Stenosis)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Cervicogenic Headaches – caused by a problem in the neck
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia – complication of herpes zoster or shingles
For Peripheral Causes
- Rotator Cuff Impingement Syndrome
- Bicipital Tendinitis – inflammation or irritation of the upper biceps tendon
- Lateral Epicondylitis (“Tennis Elbow”)
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome – pressure or stretching of the “funny bone”
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis – tendons on the thumb side of the wrist
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Trigger Finger
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome – chronic hip pain
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome – connective tissue that rubs against the thighbone
- Piriformis Syndrome – the piriformis muscle in the buttocks irritates the sciatic nerve
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Pes Anserinus Tendinopathy – inflammation in the three tendons that connect the shinbone and thigh muscles